RCS - Parallax SumoBot Support
All items below are Published on learn.parallax.com | Tech Support: 1-888-997-8267 | Educator Hotline: 1-916-625-6801
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot
GETTING STARTED DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING
- Basic Stamp Software
- SumoBot Manual BASIC Stamp Example Code (Testing CODE)
- Applied Robotics with the SumoBot BASIC Stamp Code (Basic Code)
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot is included with the SumoBot Robot Competition Kit (#27402).
With this book, you will learn ways to hone your BASIC Stamp programming skills with the SumoBot robot and practice new techniques that are designed to bring out its very best performance in the mini-Sumo wrestling competition ring. Available in print or as a free download. Build and program two high-quality SumoBot® Robots designed to wrestle in their own mini-sumo competition ring! Follow the SumoBot Manual assembly instructions and test programs to go from basic moves to one-on-one combat.
Once you have your SumoBot robots up and running, give them a competitive edge and expand your skills by following the step-by-step activities in Applied Robotics with the SumoBot - an advanced text in our Stamps in Class series. Activities include friction analysis, self-calibrating sensors, memory optimization with multipurpose variables and a sensor flags register, and state-machine diagrams for sensor-based navigation. EEPROM data logging lets you record your robot's sensor and program states during a match, then display them afterward in the BASIC Stamp Editor's Debug Terminal - an excellent way to troubleshoot and analyze the performance of your program strategies.
- Two complete SumoBot robots to assemble, including surface-mount BASIC Stamp 2 development boards
- Infrared sensors, LEDs, piezospeakers, resistors, and pushbuttons
- SumoBot Manual with assembly and testing instructions
- Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Stamps in Class text
- Parallax USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter with Cable
- Serial programming cable
- SumoBot Robot Competition Ring poster
- ScrewdriverNote: Requires 8 AA 1.5 V batteries, not included. BASIC Stamp programming requires the BASIC Stamp Editor software for Windows.This product contains the same robots that were previously sold individually as the SumoBot Robot (#27400).
Downloads & Documentation (From Parallax.com)
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot BASIC Stamp Code (Basic Codes to use) Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Text (Student Guide) SumoBot Manual BASIC Stamp Example Code (Basic Codes to use) SumoBot Manual (Assembly and Documentation)
XBee Wireless Tilt-Controller Project (Parallax Learn site)
Youtube Videos Login WVDE
- Basics of SUMOBOT (Youtube Video)
- MHS Sumo-bot Battle 2017 - Mr. Johnson's Engineering 2 robot battle!
- Lego Sumobots Competition
- Testing McMaster 2017 Sumobot
- 2017 Division Science Fair: Robotics Competition (Sumobot Testing)
- 2017 Sumobot Contest
- Watauga SumoBots 2017
- learn.parallax.com for Educators
- Student Guide: Applied Robotics with the SumoBot download page
- Stamps in Class: Getting Started
- Stamps in Class: Mini Projects
- SumoBot Assembly Documentation and Programming
- SumoBot Resources for Educators
- Robot Competition Ideas
- Hands-On Activity (Contributed by: GK-12 Program, Computational Neurobiology Center, College of Engineering, University of Missouri)
Links from Support email:Here's a link to the PDF tutorial https://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/27402-Applied-Robotics-SumoBot-Text-v1.0.pdfGood resource - Robotics with the BoebotBasic Stamp Manual - https://www.parallax.com/product/27218What's a Microcontroller PDF - https://www.parallax.com/product/28123